The cold weather is keeping us all indoors, but that doesn’t mean that you can’t add a little heat to your Netflix binge watching and your upcoming TV & motion picture awards shows. So settle in & dig in to this spicy take on a jalapeno chip or vegetable dip that will add some flavor to whatever’s keeping you warm & fuzzy on the small screen.
Jalapeño Popper Dip
A quick, easy, and tasty appetizer. Makes 8 servings.
- 2 8 oz Packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 C Mayo
- 1/2 C Shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1/3 C Canned jalapeño peppers
- 1/4 C Green chilli peppers
- 1/4 C Grated parmesan cheese
- 1 C Jalapeño potato chips, crushed
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- In a large bowl, stir together cream cheese, mayo, pepper jack cheese, jalapeño peppers, and green chili peppers until all the ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Pour the mixture into an 8-inch pie pan and spread evenly.
- Spread the parmesan cheese and potato chips evenly over the mix.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30-35 minutes or until the edges begin to bubble.
- Let cool, then serve warm with tortilla chips or vegetables for dipping.
Rebecca Anderson is a culinary enthusiast for Oswego East High School’s online news magazine the Howl